Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Oh how it changes

Wow, life really changes when you become a mom. Not only do you feel like your body just did the most miraculous thing and has been pushed to the limit, but it will never be the same again. Then on to this new person that needs you all the time. It's so great to be needed and loved but things you did before come in a far 2nd. Figuring out things that were second nature, like your relationship with your husband, is suddenly more challenging. Your whole outlook on life is different.
Then there comes the gross and weird things you never thought you could do or could deal with Analyzing poop, getting pooped on, spit up on, drooled on, peed on, feeding your baby by breast, having milk spray everywhere, getting your hair pulled, getting scratched, experiencing back pain from packing an extra 10+ pounds everywhere, allowing your finger to be a chew toy, and I'm sure I'm missing a few things. And to think I barely blinked when I found myself with a lap full of poop that had escaped a diaper. I wiped it up with the best invention ever, baby wipes, put baby in the car seat and went to the thrift store to get another pair of pants. Needless to say, I was very thankful that the pants were black and that you couldn't see the yellowish, wet spot the consumed the front of them. It made it easier to go into public for search of a quick fix for the problem. And I just happen to luck out that it was member discount Tuesday and I got a nearly new pair of jean Capri pants (that fit well) for $4.38.
Anyway, I wouldn't trade being a mom for anything. I have this overwhelming since of love that is impossible to explain. I just keep stopping and looking at what I'm doing and shaking my head because this is all new and different and at times a bit odd. Like typing on my phone my thoughts while getting wet from a slobbering baby who is finally taking a nap in my arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment